Welcome to the Nebraska FFA Foundation website!
The Nebraska FFA Foundation exists to enhance quality education/FFA programs in order to achieve excellence in leadership development, curriculum innovation and scholastic advancement of students. With your help we can make a difference. Our full website furthers our mission by providing ways for you to learn more and get involved. Thanks for visiting. For more information, contact us or visit our full website.
Nebraska FFA Foundation Awards $80,000 to Local Chapters and Members
Posted by Sarah Mullen on 09/15/2020
Eleven Nebraska FFA chapters and 16 FFA members were awarded funds through the 2020-21 Nebraska FFA Foundation local chapter grant program.
This program, in its fifth year, supports Nebraska agricultural education classrooms, FFA programs and individual student entrepreneurship Supervised Agricultural Experiences. Funds are provided by the Nebraska FFA Foundation and its general fund donors.
The FFA Chapters and agricultural education classrooms receiving grants are:
- Banner County, CNC Plasma Table
- Arcadia, Greenhouse
- Norfolk, Keeping it Real (Agriscience projects at home)
- Hayes Center, Welding Technology in Agricultural Education
- Hay Springs, Goat Production Program
- Anselmo-Merna, Revitalizing Anselmo-Merna Ag Ed Program
- Friend, Greenhouse
- Gordon Rushville, Welding Shop Ironworker
- Raymond Central, Grow with Us-Urban Agriculture
- Thayer Central, Ag Lot Finishing Suppliers
- Crete, Ironworker Update
FFA members receiving grants for their Supervised Agricultural Experiences are:
- Landri Loos, Litchfield FFA, Purple Ribbon Pork
- Markenna Terryberry, Imperial FFA, Grow in Grace (Succelents Business)
- Morayah Martinez Cupp, Imperial FFA, Moe’s Mobile Coops
- Hanna Taylor, Tri County FFA, Equine Farrier Entrepreneurship
- Chyenne Tidyman, Holdrege FFA, Poultry and Egg Production
- Hunter Sweley, Litchfield FFA, Hunter’s Hatching Haven
- Brekyn Papineau, Aurora FFA, Poultry Entrepreneurship
- Emelia Rourke, Waverly FFA, The Chick Inn
- Laci Kirchhoff, Superior FFA, Laci’s Produce
- Morgan Bonifas, Aurora FFA, Morgan’s Mums and More
- Braelyn Christensen, Raymond Central FFA, Garden
- Tagg Buechle, Valentine FFA, Woods and Metal Projects
- Elizabeth Stephens, Elm Creek FFA, EMS5 Boer Goats
- Piper Dather, Crofton FFA, Breeding and Raising Market and Show Sheep
- Kenzee Moffat and Emily Levick, Garden County FFA, ML Show Pigs
- Libby Wilkins, Ainsworth FFA, Libby’s Sweet Treats
“Our board worked many years to develop sustainable funding to provide this program. We knew that there were many programs in need of more financial support to develop career-ready students in agriculture, and awarding $80,000 will give students in these schools some of the resources necessary to reach their full potential,” said Stacey Agnew, Nebraska FFA Foundation Executive Director.
Many of these grant recipients will be showcased on the Nebraska FFA Foundation website and social media throughout the next couple years. Applications for the 2021 Local Chapter Grant Program will open in April.