Nebraska FFA Foundation Local Chapter Grant Program
Eleven Nebraska FFA chapters and 16 FFA members were awarded funds through the 2020-21 Nebraska FFA Foundation local chapter grant program.
This program, in its fifth year, supports Nebraska agricultural education classrooms, FFA programs and individual student entrepreneurship Supervised Agricultural Experiences that have a financial need. Funds are provided by the Nebraska FFA Foundation and its general fund donors. Agricultural education classrooms and FFA chapters are able to apply for up to $10,000 and FFA members can apply for any amount up to $2,000 for their SAE project.
In 2020, nearly $157,000 was requested from agricultural education classrooms and FFA chapters from 29 applications. Twenty-nine Nebraska FFA members also applied for grants for their SAE projects and over $48,000 was requested.
$80,000 of the $205,000 was given in grants to the agricultural education classrooms, FFA chapters and SAE projects below.
The FFA Chapters and agricultural education classrooms receiving grants are:
- Banner County, CNC Plasma Table
- Arcadia, Greenhouse
- Norfolk, Keeping it Real (Agriscience projects)
- Hayes Center, Welding Technology in Agricultural Education
- Hay Springs, Goat Production Program
- Anselmo-Merna, Revitalizing Anselmo-Merna Ag Ed Program
- Friend, Greenhouse
- Gordon Rushville, Welding Shop Ironworker
- Raymond Central, Grow with Us-Urban Agriculture
- Thayer Central, Ag Lot Finishing Suppliers
- Crete, Ironworker Update
FFA members receiving grants for their Supervised Agricultural Experiences are:
- Landri Loos, Loup City FFA, Purple Ribbon Pork
- Markenna Terryberry, Imperial FFA, Grow in Grace (Succulents Business)
- Morayah Martinez Cupp, Imperial FFA, Moe’s Mobile Coops
- Hanna Taylor, Tri County FFA, Equine Farrier Entrepreneurship
- Chyenne Tidyman, Holdrege FFA, Poultry and Egg Production
- Hunter Sweley, Litchfield FFA, Hunter’s Hatching Haven
- Brekyn Papineau, Aurora FFA, Poultry Entrepreneurship
- Emelia Rourke, Waverly FFA, The Chick Inn
- Laci Kirchhoff, Superior FFA, Laci’s Produce
- Morgan Bonifas, Aurora FFA, Morgan’s Mums and More
- Braelyn Christensen, Raymond Central FFA, Garden
- Tagg Buechle, Valentine FFA, Woods and Metal Projects
- Elizabeth Stephens, Elm Creek FFA, EMS5 Boer Goats
- Piper Dather, Crofton FFA, Breeding and Raising Market and Show Sheep
- Kenzee Moffat and Emily Levick, Garden County FFA, ML Show Pigs
- Libby Wilkins, Ainsworth FFA, Libby’s Sweet Treats
Many of these grant recipients will be showcased on the Nebraska FFA Foundation website and social media throughout the next couple years. Applications for the 2021 Local Chapter Grant Program will open in April.