Constellation, an Exelon Company, has donated just over $41,000 to the Nebraska FFA Foundation to support Nebraska FFA chapters and members in the counties they serve.
Ten Nebraska FFA chapters or FFA members were awarded grants totaling $25,000. The purpose of the grants is to support FFA members as they start and grow their supervised agriculture experiences or support agriculture classrooms and FFA programs as they prepare students for careers in agriculture.
The following FFA members and chapters received grants:
- Caleb Heck, Gordon-Rushville FFA Member, Trailer for Mowing Business
- Isabella Klein, Cozad FFA Member, Bella Klein Enterprises
- Samuel Russell, Southern Valley FFA Member, Pumpkin Corners Pumpkin Patch
- Caraline Higgins, Crete FFA Member, Beekeeping
- Rachel Kuss, Seward FFA Member, Homemade Desserts and Desserts in a Jar
- Franklin Welding Ventilation Replacement
- Hampton Animal Lab aka the "Hawk Herd" Expansion
- McCool Junction Lone Star Cutting Solutions Spitfire
- Sumner Eddyville Miller Power and Structural Tech Class
- Palmer FFA Livestock Project
Constellation also has a Choice Gas program in Nebraska. This program allows homeowners, businesses, farmers and ranchers to choose their natural gas supplier each year. This year, Constellation dedicated a specific amount to each FFA chapter in their Nebraska service area and also made an additional contribution based on the number of customers who chose Constellation during the 2021 Choice Gas selection period this past spring. Over $16,000 was donated to support all FFA chapters in the 60 counties Constellation serves.