Gary Scharf Helping Hand Award Nomination
Established in 2009, this award recognizes a Nebraska agriculture instructor/FFA advisor for what he/she has done in "helping others," specifically in the school and community, outside of agricultural education and FFA. The recipient of this award is one who exemplifies the commitment, self-sacrifice, and genuine kindness that defined Gary Scharf's life.
About the award:
- One Nebraska agriculture instructor/FFA advisor will be recognized annually with a plaque and $500 cash award.
- Anyone can make the nomination - students, fellow teachers, school officials, parents and others in the community.
- The recipient will be announced and recognized at the Thursday evening session, during the Nebraska FFA State Convention.
- Submit only one completed application per nominee.
- Supplemental pages, such as supporting letters for the original application form, are welcome in addition to the one application per nominee.
- Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by March 1, 2018.